Ever since beginning training for my full marathon, I have found myself turning more and more to short weight workouts. Although the workouts are shorter than normal, that doesn’t make them any less effective. I have had quite a bit of fun experimenting with new workouts…and getting nice and sweaty (and sore!) in the process.
Last week, I put together a workout that needed only one piece of equipment – a medicine ball. That one little piece of equipment can give you a lot of bang for your exercise buck.
Reasons I Love The Medicine Ball
- easy way to add some weight to traditional body weight moves
- can add a stabilization factor to some traditional moves
- GREAT to use with power exercises (like the squat toss in the workout below)
- reasonably priced piece of equipment for at-home use
- easy to travel with (I bring mine to the beach a lot of vacations!)
- brings out the kid in you!
Another bonus? Completing a full body weight circuit using just a medicine ball helps make the workout fly by! And it provides a fun new challenge. I loved this workout so much that I repeated it again a few days ago. That’s basically unheard of for me. Goes to show I really liked it! I think you will too. And please excuse the squishedness of the video. It’s quite flattering. Not.
Complete the workout in a circuit format, moving directly from one exercise to the next. Each round should take less than 10 minutes. Complete 2-5 rounds depending on desired length of workout. I have been completing 3 rounds in around 25 minutes and end feeling fabulous!
Do you ever train with medicine balls? What’s your favorite at-home piece of equipment?
18 DAYS LEFT TO ENTER THE BEST BODY BOOTCAMP