1. On the agenda for today – a gentle yoga class focused on stretching and relaxing. Then, a mommy/daughter date at Makenzie’s school. I can’t wait!
2. How can I not pass along the cuteness?
This is a picture from last Friday night’s “drive-in movie” at our church. Luckily, with cute kids like mine, no one even notices the lackluster mommy car crafting skills.
3. I need a coffee IV drip. I feel like a broken record on the “I’m tired” front, but sometimes it’s all my mind can focus on. Makenzie has started waking up with night terrors a couple of times a night. Every. Single. Night.
4. I read this Bible verse while doing my devotional this morning.
How fitting as I have felt happier and more at peace this week, even while organizing 300 plus bootcampers and working on 10+ client plans. I am so thankful for that one morning of prayer where I felt that gut tug to step out into online training. I can’t help but shout from the rooftops today – I’m eternally grateful for the passions God gave me and the faith in knowing I could trust Him. I can’t help it. I’m in AWE!
5. Bonnie posted a crazy challenge earlier this week. A challenge to complete 100 burpees (WITH the push-ups!!!) in under 10 minutes. I had to accept the challenge.
Ten minutes after reading her post, I went down to our basement gym and banged out 100 burpees, push-ups and all, in 9:52. Then, I wanted to die. Thank you, Bonnie!
6. I bought a cheapo eye mask to see if it would help me sleep better at night. I figure if I can only get a few hour stretches at a time, then I might as well make them deep sleep. Then, I keep forgetting to wear it.
7. I am seriously SO excited that the Blend Retreat is less than two months away! It’s 100% fun and getting time together with other bloggers and readers. Plus, you could workout with me in person! There is still (super affordable!) tickets and rooming left. Do it!
8. You can still vote for me as Best Personal Trainer Blog at Fitness Magazine. Thank you to all who have already!
9. I am seriously debating purchasing a Kindle or Nook or other such reading device. My main reason to get one? Something easy to read on the treadmill. My main reason not to get one? I don’t buy books. I only read what I can get at the library and I’m not sure how the library works with online versions of books.
10. Please send some positive thoughts and prayers out to my family. A few things have been going on for them, including another MS relapse for my mom. I’m trusting God completely, but it’s hard seeing them happen so much more frequently now and affecting her in more serious ways.
11. I have been having random cravings for Lean Cuisine french bread pizza lately. Good thing I’m not 100% opposed to the frozen meals on occasion. Definitely a rare occurrence, but not going to kill me, either.
Your Turn –
- Ever sleep with an eye mask?
- Do you have a Kindle or Nook or similar? Recommendations?