Oh, Friday! Thank you for finally arriving! This week seemed to drag on forever for me. Plus, Peter had a lot of later nights at work this week. I’m ready for the weekend and some quality time with my family, including special time with my man since we have time for a DATE this weekend! Woo!
Happy Friday, friends! I hope you enjoy this week’s features!
Best Body Fitness Updates
Just in case you missed the announcement yesterday…Round Three will be coming for Best Body Bootcamp!! Get the details. While I feel a bit weird tooting my own horn, I think Emily’s comment summing up her thoughts on the program are pretty on point. And the best compliment a trainer could ask for!
Get Your Fitness Going
- More Best Body Bootcamp insight for those interested in a future round! Christy gives her top 5 Reasons for loving boot camp…while marathon training. The woman is amazing!
- Michelle & Lori have some rocking legs…which you can work towards with a Beach Leg Workout.
- Lori gives some tips for Healthy Road Travel. Look over them before heading out for your final summer excursions.
- More tips for ya – 5 Tips for Beginning Your Fitness Journey on the Bite Size Wellness site via my girl, Courtney. Definitely a good read for those starting out!
- An Ode to Long Runs. Short and sweet, yet speaks the truth.
- 5 Lessons to Becoming A Better Athlete. Jesica shares her reflections from watching the Olympic athletes and what we can apply to our own fitness goals.
- Why weight train while training for long distance running? Annette tells you like it is and I give two thumbs WAY up on this topic!
Eat It Up!
- Tamara shared 5 Easy Breakfast Ideas for the Time Crunched on the Fitfluential blog this week. They are all great suggestions you should definitely check out!
- This sounds like an interesting recipe…but still good enough to wish Courtney would send me some right this very moment. Hey, Courtney! I put your posts in here twice, doesn’t that deserve some cupcakes?
- I miss Heather and our brief visit at Blend earlier this year. When she posts things like these BBQ Ranch Jalapeno Chicken Burgers, I picture surprising her in Colorado…and then asking her to feed me.
- I’m glad miss Maria came back to revisit blogging! She’s such a cool gal…and she shared this recipe for Chocolate Protein Cookies.
- Are you getting enough B vitamins? Definitely important!
- Make your own White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Luna bars (even gluten-free!) with this recipe from Danielle.
- If you’re a visual learner like I am, then you will appreciate Carissa’s post featuring a few infographics for healthy eating tips.
Reflect & Grow
- Amanda talks all about unplugging and just how glorious it is. I try to unplug as much as possible every weekend and it certainly rejuvenates me for the week!
- Ever struggle with productivity? **oooh ooh raises hand high** Well, now I really want to read this book and apply some of these tips to Get Things Done.
- Why I want to be able to “get things done” is to have more time for the things that matter. Jolene touches on that perfectly in her post about learning to sit down.
- I loved loved loved loved this post on What Is Confidence from Stephanie over at Fit Mom in Training.
Just For Fun
- I have to give three cheers to my pal Alicia who will be teaching her VERY FIRST yoga class later today!! Go give her some love and support. So proud of you, Alicia!!!
- I’m sure a LOT of us would have something to say about this topic that Amanda touched on – Junk Food In Schools. Thoughts?
- How pregnancy is like a marathon. Never thought about it, but they really do share a lot of similarities! Thanks Nicole for the post!
Happy reading! I’ll be back tomorrow with a personal catch-up. Have a fantabulous Friday and a great weekend if I don’t catch you ‘til Monday!