Morning, everyone! I’ve moved the “Friday Features” to “Saturday Shares” so that way I don’t miss out on sharing some of the great reads that come up at the end of the week. Plus, who doesn’t like having some leisure reading for the weekend? I know I love to use it to catch up on things I missed. So grab that cup of coffee and sit down for this week’s Saturday Shares!
Get Your Fitness Going
- Paige gives 4 booty-shaping moves to include in your workouts. They’re good ones!
- Marcia shares some great yoga moves for runners in a special VLOG.
- Heard of #plankaday? Well, here are 5 Benefits to Doing Planks to get you motivated!
- Alexandra and Kymberly from Fun and Fit have a video to help you out with your lower back tightness. Oh, I can use these stretches!
- For the parents! 6 Ways to Help Kids Maintain A Healthy Perspective to Food and Fitness.
- I want to try this Abs N Sweat Circuit from Annette. Looks killer.
- Another fun workout from Ms. Lean Green Bean! Heads or tails decides the move in this Flip A Coin workout!
Eat It Up!
- A recent Stanford study claimed that buying organic didn’t provide extra nutrition. Nicole gave 9 motivating reasons why we should will still buy organic.
- Christine reviewed the new Cooking Light cookbook focusing on family friendly, healthy, budget friendly meals. Her meal plan had me drooling.
- I’m so thrilled for fall as it means SOUP! I could eat soup year round if the family would let me make it in the heat of summer. Can’t wait to try Courtney’s Homemade Veggie Soup.
- I’m a huge fan of coconut. And healthy snacks. And two certain lovely, inspiring twin ladies. It goes without saying that I’m also a fan of this Protein Coconut Macaroon recipe.
- How good does this look? Quinoa with Summer Squash, Roasted Chicken, Spinach, Corn, & Tomatoes from Lauren at Say What You Need to Say.
- I’ve never tried quinoa in a sweet, breakfast way…but I may just change my mind since this Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Cereal looks incredible.
- Caught between summer heat and fall excitement? Heather from Side of Sneakers has us covered with a recipe for a Pumpkin ICED Latte.
Reflect & Grow
- Bex does a vlog with her 14 year old daughter about how the things we say and do as moms affect your children. SO interesting to hear the perspective of the daughter and I always love when others open this type of discussion. It’s definitely a big hope of mine to be a healthy example for M and B.
- Angela from Happy Fit Mama posted about the double standards found between two articles discussing men and women fitting in exercise as parents. It saddens me that the most of the negativity stems from women putting down other women. Give it a read, then give some support to someone else!
- Greatist put a great article out with 89 Simple Swaps that Could Change Your Life. A great read!
- Have you ever thought about your “Limbs of Health”? The things that are branches of you that you need for the most fulfillment in your life? Read and enjoy this reflective post from Alison.
- Do you say YES to life? Do you fully engage in your life? This inspirational post from Amanda will make you want to think about those questions a bit more.
Just For Fun
- Every time I read a Disney race recap from Heather, I want to do one so badly! They look like so much fun.
- Brittany’s adorable little girl Hailey turns one today (Happy Birthday Hailey!). I loved her post to recap the first year in a fun way with Baby’s 1st Year Superlatives.
- Lauren’s recap of her 50K Trail Run is so inspiring. It looks like so much fun, but I don’t think I would have the coordination for it. Way to go Lauren!
Happy reading! And feel free to share a favorite post of your own in the comments.