I hope the weekend has started off right for you. I also hope you have some time to sit, relax, and perhaps enjoy some blog posts you may have missed earlier this week. There’s some good ones! Happy Saturday Shares! And have a wonderful weekend.
Don’t forget to register for Round 3 of Best Body Bootcamp! There are about 3 weeks left to register (closes 10/15) before the October 22 start. Join the almost 200 others currently signed up.
Get Your Fitness Going
- Add a fun twist to your workout with a deck of cards. Well of Health gives you the rules for this Deck of Cards Workout game.
- IT Band pain? Amanda goes over some great tools to help and how to use them.
- Here are some ideas to stay fit for no or low cost in your area.
- For the runners out there – Altra Zero Drop shoes had a good article about the importance of running hills and how to add them to your training. Good thing I live in a hilly area to help me prep for the Runner’s World Half Marathon coming up in a month. Remember to use code BLOGGER36 to register for 10% off!
- This workout looks like SO much fun and a great challenge. I so want to do it! It’s called the 300 – you do exercises in a circuit aiming to complete 50 reps total of each exercise. Get the details here!
- Tips for your first marathon – so wish I had these before mine!
- Debbie gives some insight onto functional fitness and why it matters. Sure, it’s a buzz word…but it’s definitely something to think about in the exercises you choose for your training.
Eat It Up!
- Do you like lettuce wraps? I haven’t had some in awhile so I may just need to put these Ginger Garlic Chicken Lettuce Wraps on the meal plan for next week.
- I think I need to go buy some Nutella stat just so I can make this Banana Bread with Nutella Swirl recipe and then proceed to eat the rest of the jar by the spoonful.
- After my fast food post this week, this post by Brad Gouthro Fitness caught my eye – Chipotle Nutrition and what your best options are at the restaurant. Fast food happens. I get it. And I also think it’s great to have information to choose as wisely as possible when it does happen.
- Are you a chili fan like I am? Then check out these 10 Unique Chili Recipes via Bite Sized Wellness.
- Pumpkin Rice Crispy Treats. That’s all you need to know.
- Looking for a simple and tasty quiche recipe the whole family will like? Coco has got it!
- Cat says “Trust me, you want this” about her Healthy Pumpkin Pudding. She’s right. I do.
Reflect & Grow
- I’m usually posting up something from Lindsay in the workouts or food section because she always has such awesome content. Well, this week, Lindsay opened up with a heartfelt post that I think many of us can relate to and should read. She talks about NOT having it all together and being okay with the imperfections.
- Another great post came from Charissa with a bit of self-reflection on reasons her motivation could be waning for some things…and how to fix the issues at hand. Get yourself motivated again!
- The “Unapologetically Strong” campaign from Degree Women is right up my alley. Love yourself!! And Ericka’s post about recognizing her strength in moments of “weakness” meant a lot to me to read. I suggest you give it a read too.
Just For Fun
- Sarah Kay Hoffman shared 14 Facts About Vitamin D and Sun Exposure – very good information!
- 8 Weird Health & Beauty Tricks that work. I think I’m going to try the shoes + blisters one!
- Read how Lauren cut her grocery bill in half and curbed extra food spending.
Happy reading! I’ll be back tomorrow with a personal catch-up. Have a fantabulous Friday and a great weekend if I don’t catch you ‘til Monday!