Another Saturday is upon us. You know what that means…leisure reading time! Catch up on your blog reading quickly and easily with the following posts I enjoyed reading this past week. Then, when that cup of joe is all done – go out and enjoy that weekend!
**Don’t forget that there is only a little over 2 weeks left to register for Best Body Bootcamp Round 3!**
Get Your Fitness Going
- Like to plank? Then you will love this plank workout from Michelle and Lori!
- And while we’re on the topic of planks, some trainers (including myself) gave our feedback of the #plankaday trend on Katie’s blog. See what we think.
- Brittany shares 30 things she has learned over the course of her fitness journey so far. Can you relate to any of them? All of them?
- Another good workout from Courtney! This week she shared a Timed Stability Ball Workout that looks like lots of fun.
- Work it out at home with this Crossfit Style At-Home Workout from Tamara.
- Post-pregnancy weight to lose? Brittany shares her 4 Keys to Losing Baby Weight.
- If you enjoyed Amanda’s first post on ITBS, then you have to check out part 2 that includes tips for the glute imbalances that often contribute to ITBS.
- No equipment? No worries. Use this Bodyweight Circuit Blast from Lee.
- All about fast and slow twitch muscle fibers and what it means to your training.
Eat It Up!
- Who likes pumpkin piiiieee??? Plus, bite-sized treats are fun. Just like these Skinny Mini Pumpkin Pies from Sensual Appeal.
- I don’t know why but these BLT Homemade Potato Chip Nachos look incredible. Strike that. I do know why. BLT Nachos?! Come on!
- Will Maple Syrup replace GU Energy Gels? Check out these interesting facts about maple syrup!
- If carrot cake and protein had a baby….Carrot Cake Protein Bar recipe from Vanilla Bean Lean.
- Ever wonder about why snacking is so good? Annette tells why snacks benefit our health.
- These look super simple and a good balance of carbs and protein – Sweet Potato Quinoa Cakes.
Reflect & Grow
- I love Lindsay and her lists and silly, goofy fun on her blog….but THIS POST goes even deeper into why I love her. We’re all “just people”…with our own unique, individual successes.
- I really enjoyed this post from Lisa Johnson on the pitfalls of cheat days in a diet.
- 8 Ways to do More In Less Time from Bite Sized Wellness. And you should also check out the post on 15 Healthy Habits for Fall. Obviously I’m a fan of this site!
- Carla talks about how she keeps blog reading fun and not some stress-filled-must-get-through-my-reader nightmare. I know I’ve changed how I approach blog reading/commenting. And love it so much more. I’m not sucked into reading blogs I don’t really enjoy and have more freedom to catch up here and there with people I built relationships with through networks, that have read my blog, etc.
- It DOES take work to get in shape. These tips may not be easy, but they can sure help.
Just For Fun
Some excited moments for some blog friends this week:
- Michelle welcomed her baby boy! He is so cute.
- Lisa @ RunWiki got into the Boston Marathon!
- Kelly finished her first half marathon! (and looked great doing it…hear that, Kelly?!)
- Kierston finished her first half marathon too! I love how much fun she had with it all.
And besides all that, Lindsay #2 has a really neat looking photo challenge for the month of October happening. Be sure to check it out! I hope to remember to participate.
Happy reading! I’ll be back tomorrow with a personal catch-up. Have a fantabulous Friday and a great weekend if I don’t catch you ‘til Monday!