Hello, everyone! Happy Saturday! I hope all of you out there are doing well, especially anyone affected by Hurricane Sandy in the earlier part of this week. I sincerely pray things continue to improve, heal, restore, and recover for anyone affected. Now that the weekend is finally upon us, I also sincerely hope we all have the chance to relax and restore. What better way than with some enjoyable blog reading? Catch up with some of the posts that caught my eye through the week now. Have a great weekend!
Best Body Fitness Posts this Week
- Move It Monday – 5 Different Push-Up Variations
- We All Have Motivation
- Running Survey – 10 fun questions about my running
- Don’t Gain the Holiday 5 – guest post with a fun challenge to avoid holiday weight gain
- Scenes from the Week – updates on everyday life
- The Weekend Counts – some motivation to carry you through the weekend
Get Your Fitness Going
- A different type of fitness post, but a good one just the same – what to do with your old running shoes? I am SO glad I read this
since I have shoes overflowing my bedroom.
- Glenneth shared a post with some advantages and disadvantages of the elliptical.
- Have a problem remember to stretch? Read this and get to it!
- I loved Amanda’s fun take on some cardio intervals to get your heart rate up.
- Do you ever feel like fitness is a drag? Make fitness fun with these tips from Lindsay.
- DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. I loved Paige’s vlog about it. My thoughts on DOMS? Good sometimes…not needed all the time!! Please, get that.
- If you need a bodyweight only way to get in some intense cardio, this 25 minute Cardio Blast will give it to you. Looks fun!
- And Greatist has some great (ha!) tips on how to get even more out of your cardio workouts.
Eat It Up!
- Do all those pumpkin baked goods floating around drive you crazy because you KNOW you shouldn’t make a full batch of pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin this, pumpkin that to have around your house? Yea, me too. Then, Heather had to pull this whole idea of Pumpkin Cupcakes for Two. And I had to make them. And then I had to come here and tell you to make them. In fact, they’re so good go ahead and multiply the ingredients by 6, make your full dozen and eat them all.
- And because pumpkin still hasn’t gotten old for me and I have a brunch coming up in a few weeks, I simply had to link up this Pumpkin Bread recipe from Lisa.
- For something different…Fall Vegetable Soup from Danielle. I will have this for dinner and
twoone of those pumpkin cupcakes for dessert.
Reflect & Grow
- Lauren discussed finding what makes you happy in your fitness journey and going with it, while also recognizing that things change and that is okay. Great, great post!
- Along the lines of the motivation post I wrote earlier this week, check out Amanda’s post on setting up the right habits so motivation is no longer what drives your actions.