Before we dive right into the normal Saturday Shares post, I have one super special share I want to highlight today. Michelle, from Staten Island, has put together a virtual 5K and 10K race (run or walk!) to support hurricane relief funds. She has a goal of raising $2500 to help out and all donations go 100% to relief efforts. Plus, as extra incentive, there are lots of great prizes as well. Do it. I already have signed up and donated! Now back to our regular Saturday Shares (although none as important as that one).
Best Body Fitness Posts this Week
- Wild Weekend – recap of our fun weekend at the zoo
- Move It Monday: Animal Style – new workout featuring 2 full body circuits
- Giving Up Control In My Training – the decision to hire on a running coach as #RnRNOLA training kicks off
- Climb the Ladder Workout – a fun approach to add to your workouts
- Favorite Post Workout Snacks – great guest post from Paige
- A Different Kind of Celebration – celebrating 3 years of freedom from binges
- My Last Chance Survey – survey just for fun
- Scenes from the Week – catch up with other goings on of life around here
- The Weekend Counts – motivation to carry you through the weekend
Get Your Fitness Going
- Looking for a training plan for a race? Laura did a great comprehensive post on various training plans that are out there and what they each entail overall.
- Cassey Ho of Blogilates is super inspirational for so many reasons, including when she shares workouts like this 1000 Workout.
- This is a new twist on the workout mantra thing, but I’m pretty much in agreement with everything stated – 5 Workout Mantras That Are Bad For Your Body.
- Gear up for cold weather running with these tips from Heather, my new running coach!
- Kelly shares some key fitness equipment to have at home on the FitFluential blog this week.
- If you’re not too keen on running you can still get a great workout walking! Ashley shares how walking benefits our bodies and a great Incline Walking Intervals workout.
Eat It Up!
- Buffalo Chicken Chili in the crockpot? Needs to go on my (and your) next meal plan!
- I don’t eat much tofu anymore since I try to avoid soy as much as possible, but I might have to make an exception for this Peanut Tofu with Roasted Butternut Squash and Spinach.
- This is a super old post I just happened to stumble across, but it’s worth a share. I mean, how could Clean Eating Chocolate Fondue not be worth a share?
- Rich, dreamy white chocolate paired with tart, yet sweet cranberries? I think I like where this is going.
- Have a bowl of this Chicken, White Bean, and Spinach Stew to balance it out beforehand.
- Check out these delicious (and vegetarian friendly) side dishes for Thanksgiving!
- Try out 4 Plant Based Dinners in your upcoming meal plan thanks to Lauren for sharing.
- This is for the little ones – GREAT ideas for kid friendly meals and snacks. Brittany maneuvers the challenges of munchkin dining so well to still provide her little doll with healthy eats.
Reflect & Grow
- Why the mean comments?! Exceptional post by Katie on stopping the negativity in blog land.
- Another important cause? Cancer awareness and research. The Canadian Cancer Society has started a #YouAreLoved campaign with hopes of increasing awareness of women’s cancer. In a special video, three women share their personal stories. Such a heart touching thing to watch.
Just For Fun
- Laura competed in her 1st figure competition! And placed fourth! So proud of her!
- Super duper HUGE CONGRATS to Lindsay and her pregnancy!