Good morning! And GOOOOOOO DAWGS! If you’re not as into football this college football filled Saturday or find yourself with some down time for the day, may I suggest some Saturday Shares? I know I always enjoy the chance to catch up with some good blog reading. I guess you do too. And I have a few gems for you to peruse below. Happy reading!
Best Body Fitness Posts this Week
- Move It Monday: Upper + Lower Body Compound Exercises
- Healthy Holiday Eating WITHOUT Over-Thinking
- #RnRNOLA Training Week 3
- and then…Not Really Doing Another Marathon (the decision to drop to the half)
- Beauty & The Beast on Broadway
- Scenes from the Week
Get Your Fitness Going
- Be sure to get in on my girl Courtney’s 2012 Closeout Challenge – 2,012 reps by the end of the year!
- Make sure you’re not making these same mistakes in these top 5 exercises commonly done with incorrect form. Protect your body!
- It’s race season for many runners out there. If you are considering doing races in a close time frame, Michelle has some excellent tips for back to back races.
- Back and shoulders feeling tight? Then perhaps you could use some upper body mobility work. Thanks, Pagie, for a great post with the details!
- The two fit twins have done it again! A Full Body Plank Workout like none other.
- And for another fantastic core workout, Katie has a 5 Minute Ab Burner just for you!
Eat It Up!
- Don’t shun the potato. They have loads of good for you vitamins and nutrients. Heather knows this. She also knows how to prepare a good potato – Crispy Roasted Potatoes to be exact.
- If you’re in the mood to start some holiday baking, I suggest starting with some of Kelly’s Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies. They’re the real deal.
- It sounds too good to be true, but it is true. A Peppermint White Hot Cocoa Protein Shake. YUM!
- Yet another amazing recipe from Gina – No Bake Chocolate Coco Pumpkin Bars.
- How perfectly fall does this sound – Quinoa Salad with Cranberries + Pecans. I want some for dinner TONIGHT. This is so going on a meal plan soon.
- If you like Mexican food, then I have two recipes you have to check out today – Protein Packed Mexican Layer Dip and Mexican Dump Soup.
- Make your own hummus with this simple and delicious sounding recipe for Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus from Lindsay.
Reflect & Grow
- You ARE enough! If you pick a single post to read from these links…choose this one from Janetha on the fact that we are enough.
- The biggest tip you need for healthy holidays? Aim for CONSISTENCY.
- Have you ever thought about the stressful side of the holidays? Tamara gives some tips for dealing with holiday stress and the negative health side effects it brings.
- What should you blog about when you don’t know what to blog about? A funny post with a good message behind it thanks to the fabulous Ms. Cotter.
Have a great, great weekend! See you all Monday!