Christmas. 5 days away. You knew that, right? That means I have quite a bit to do and Christmas filling my head. With little time and extra Christmas cheer the only thing I felt like posting today is the little Christmas blog survey roaming around the internet. You’ll play along with me, right? It can’t hurt that Christmas spirit at the very least. And if reading another one of these posts or celebrating Christmas isn’t your thing, that’s okay too. I promise to still love ya. I just can’t promise much besides holiday talk for the next…ohhh? Week? #itiswhatitis #ilovechristmas
1. Favorite Christmas Album/CD/Song? I have a few in all honesty.
- Favorite Classic & Meaningful Song: Oh, Holy Night
- Favorite Just for Fun Christmas Song = Baby It’s Cold Outside
- Song that Makes Me Cry, But Still Love It = One Last Christmas << watch that video and you will bawl like a baby I assure you, but gosh it makes you count your blessings
- Favorite New Christmas Song = Joseph’s Lullaby by MercyMe
2. Run on Christmas morning or take the day off? I’m not 100% sure. If I’m up early then I may do some sort of workout, but I’m not about to force it.
3. What do you usually eat on Christmas morning? Last year we made homemade cinnamon rolls and I think we plan to do the same again this year. it was just SO GOOD!
4. Favorite holiday or Christmas tradition? Simply having my family come and spend the night Christmas Eve and then waking up all together Christmas morning. I love the morning time when we can relax for a bit before the mad rush of getting to two other places over the course of the day.
5. Real tree, fake tree or no tree? We have a fake tree. Honestly because it’s cheaper and easier. Plus, I always had a fake tree growing up so it doesn’t bother me.
6. Christmas pajamas… yay or nay?I don’t have Christmas pajamas, but we do get a pair to give to the kids every year on Christmas Eve along with a special ornament. Both commemmorate something they loved the recent year. This year is Hello Kitty for Makenzie and Thomas the Train for Braedon.
7. Where do you spend the holidays? A better question would be where do we NOT spend the holidays? Haha! We start the morning at my house with my parents, my uncle, my sister, and her fiance. Then, we head to my G-Pa’s house to hang with the entire family on my dad’s side. After that, we’re off to Peter’s parents’ house for Christmas afternoon and dinner with his family. It’s a busy day, no doubt.
8. Food that you always have during the holiday season? Favorite Christmas food/treat? We always have the same meals for Christmas. Peter’s family does Italian with ravioli, meatballs, and sausage. I’m more game for the desserts at his family’s place, though. For the dinner meal, I fill up at my grandfather’s with our standard fare I have had since I could chew – twice baked potatoes, deviled eggs, ham, and an assortment of veggies and/or casseroles. That’s my kind of Christmas food!
9. Open presents all at once or take turns? We actually don’t do adult gifts at any of our celebrations…so we just let the kids have at it. That’s a present enough for us. I especially cannot WAIT to see Makenzie’s face when she sees this:
10. Favorite Christmas(ish) movie? The only Christmas movie I feel like I have to watch every year is Elf. It cracks me up too much. I’ll watch others if I happen to catch them, but Elf is the only one I make a point to watch at least once during the holiday season.
Your Turn: Favorite Christmas song? Where do you spend the holidays and what is your favorite tradition for the holidays?