In lieu of my regular “Scenes from the Week” and “Saturday Shares” posts, I’m bringing back an oldie but goodie format this week. With the loads of organization for Best Body Bootcamp I have had to finish this week, I simply haven’t had much blog reading time or photo taking time. I still wanted to share some link love and things going on in my little world, so I figured the countdown would accomplish just that. Enough chit chat. Let’s count it down to the weekend!
5 Links to Check Out
- Frozen Yogurt Trail Mix Bars from Lindsay. I cannot WAIT to make these.
- Do you spend too much time re-reading your past instead of focusing on the future? Then perhaps you need to re-read Carla’s words of wisdom over and over again.
- Need some new challenges for an abdominal workout? Rachel gives some great ideas!
- So delicious Roasted Sweet Potato and ChickPea Salad from Morgan.
- Upper or Lower Body Workouts of your choice from Julie.
4 Instagram Scenes from the Week
Random but delicious lunch I’ve been loving lately. An overflowing salad with hummus and balsamic (yep, still hooked Chelsey!) and a large sweet potato with a wedge of laughing cow cheese mixed in. I’ve been loving the blue cheese flavor.
Knowing that I would have a lot more cross training in my future, I sucked it up and bought some cross training specific shoes. I went with the Reebok RealFlex Transitions since I know so many of my FitFluential friends rave about them. They have been working well this past week!
Nope. Never ever gets old.
I’ve been drooling over these Athleta tops all week long. I’ve never tried their workout gear before though so not quite sure I want to spend my Christmas money on them. I have them in my cart and keep holding back from pushing the purchase button. Anyone relate?
3 Random Thoughts of the Week
- Scratching your cornea hurts like h-e-double-hockey-sticks. I could barely open my eyes all day on Wednesday for the burn.
- I really am happy with my body right now. Didn’t mean for my post yesterday to come across that I wasn’t in any way. I 100% agree I look (and feel!) happier now than in my “lean picture”.
- I really have to do laundry today. Which means Braedon had to wear some of Makenzie’s pink flowery Minnie Mouse pajamas. Don’t worry. He rocked the look.
2 Favorite Best Body Fitness Posts of the Week
- The “I’m Not My Leanest Post” I referenced above, because I’m very happy about how far I have come in my mindset. I still have my struggles, but I love feeling good on the whole.
- My Word of the Year – really, really planning to focus on that this year. I even have alarms set on my phone with reminders to put my perspective in the right place and consider how I can focus on JOY for the upcoming chunk of time.
1 Motivational Thought to Take You Into the Weekend
Keep taking steps in the right direction this weekend! #theweekendcountstoo
That was fun! Maybe I’ll consolidate like this more often! Happy Friday!
Your Turn: What’s a lunch you’ve been loving lately? Ever bought anything from Athleta? Reviews? What you up to this weekend? We have a volunteer gig most of the day tomorrow with our small group…then, not quite sure!