Happy afternoon! I hope your Monday has gone well so far. If not, then may I suggest distracting yourself with some good reads? Some good blog reading always de-stresses me and unwinds my mind. Plus, you can find some great (and scary!) information out there. I went ahead and did what I love to do and compiled some link love to share with you all. What was formerly “Saturday Shares” comes to you today as “The Weekly Reader”. I hope you find something you like!
Get Your Fitness Going
- My gal, Nicole, tackles the important subject of recognizing when it’s best NOT to work out and avoiding injury. We have to listen to our bodies.
- Also gives this Reasons To Skip A Workout slideshow from Everyday Health a quick view.
- Amanda takes care of your hips with these different hip opener exercises – a must for almost everyone.
- Who says you need gym equipment for a good workout? Annette discusses the benefits of body weight training and some sample exercises.
Eat It Up!
- Runner’s World has a new feature column online all about nutrition – Fuel School Session. As questions about nutrition for runners, and other workout junkies for that matter, and get the answers you need.
- Lee adds quite a few favorite flavors into one simple homemade peanut butter – Homemade Cocoa Peanut Butter.
- When you’re looking for something to satisfy that chocolate craving without banking too many calories, why not give Erica’s 125 Calorie Microwave Chocolate Cake a try?
- Meal prep helps make healthy eating easier all week. Ashley prepped these Cheeseburger Stuffed Peppers for easy meals through the week and they look mighty tasty.
Reflect & Grow
- Gabby asks the question “what are my priorities & where does weight loss/leanness rank?” A very thought provoking post on leanness vs strength and worth a read!
- Allison, one of my BBB participants, learned a big lesson this past week – that she CAN (and does!) inspire others…which only further inspires herself. Inspire others and yourself at the same time.
- Diet or exercise? Which is harder for you? Dana pointed out a few key lessons she recently experienced with this topic in a great post on the challenges with diet over exercise.
Just For Fun
- Maybe not so “fun” but interesting for sure! Did you catch the NY Times Calorie Detective video that’s been going around? Pretty disturbing and only solidifies the importance of whole, real foods you put together yourself. I may or may not get into a completely separate debate about other parts of this video one day.
- I’m not the biggest DIY-er, but for those of you who are, have you ever thought about DIY Gym Equipment? Greatist has some pretty crazy ways to do so!
- I just said I’m not a DIY kind of gal, but I will be DIY enough to make one of these DIY Workout Tanks Lindsay posted this past week. So cute!