So, I’ve been coming at you with a few new features this week. It’s all in the name of love! Link love with The Weekly Reader, bootcamper love with Bootcamper of the Week, and now blogger love with this new Fit Friends feature where I plan to share some of my favorite bloggers with you all. So many read-worthy blogs exist and I want to ensure you don’t miss out on any of these wonderful blogs and the blogging ladies behind them.
Go ahead…make a new fit friend this Friday!
NAME & BLOG: Ashley from Coffee Cake and Cardio
SUM UP YOUR BLOG: Coffee Cake and Cardio is a weight loss blog that takes you along my journey to reach a healthy weight, to be at my fittest, and to live a happy and healthy life.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO STAY FIT? I love finding workouts that challenge my body but leave me feeling on top of the world. The workouts I love to hate include running, spin classes, and the Arc Trainer by Cybex. These workouts push me out of my comfort zone and help me to burn the calories needed to lose body fat.
DO YOU HAVE ANY CURRENT GOALS YOU ARE WORKING TOWARDS? I’ve had a shift in focus since getting married last summer. I’m still working to lose body fat but my drive now stems from wanting to be at my healthiest weight before getting pregnant. Part of my pre-kids life now includes playing full contact football as a DC Diva. I want to make the most of this time before kids and to become the healthiest woman I can be.
WHAT ARE 5 THINGS YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT?
- Blogging! I love being able to share my store and to connect with men and women across the globe.
- Playing football has become a new passion of mine. I have to push myself beyond my fears and trust my body. It’s a scary yet fulfilling sport!
- Sunsets. I love the power and wonder found in a sunrise or sunset. It reminds me of how great this world is and that I will never be given more than I can handle.
- Planning for the future. House shopping, creating Pinterest boards (http://pinterest.com/coffeeckecardio/), and planning dates with my hubby; all while enjoying each moment along the way
- Reaching my goals and helping others to know they are not alone in this journey.
WHAT IS YOUR #1 TIP FOR HEALTHY LIVING? Measure your foods!! Whether you track calories, count points, or eat intuitively, measuring what you eat is key. I think people (me included) make great food choices but then eat too much because they don’t measure. Measuring is huge! Someone once said that your most used kitchen utensil should be your measuring cups, not your silverware.
THREE FAVORITE POSTS:
- What’s Keeping You At Your Current Weight? – I think it’s important to be honest with yourself if you’re trying to lose weight or reach a fitness goal.
- Our Wedding – I loved planning our wedding. It was a day filled with love, lots of laughs, a few awkward moments, and lots of dancing.
- Weight Loss Photo Journal – I love looking at my weight loss journey through photos. It’s easy for me to focus too much on the scale so a visual reminder is often what I need to stay motivated and to remember my goals.
Thanks, Ashley for sharing! Be sure to check out some of her favorite posts, then say hello! Have a great weekend everyone!
Interested in being a Fit Friend on Best Body Fitness? Email me – tina [at] tinareale [dot] com!