Happy Friday, friends! And welcome to another Fit Friends feature. Every week I like to highlight one of the many great bloggers out there so you can hopefully make a new fit friend.
This week I bring you Katie from Peace, Love, & Oats, who I had the great pleasure of meeting this past fall on my visit to Chicago. I loved to see her rock her first marathon!
NAME & BLOG: Katie at Peace Love & Oats
SUM UP YOUR BLOG.
Peace Love & Oats follows my journey to living a healthy and balanced life while attending law school in Chicago. I lam gluten and soy intolerant and I love running, reading and, of course, oatmeal!
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO STAY FIT?
Running and strength training! I love to run because it’s my form of stress relief. It’s my "me time" where my mind can just wander. I also love to incorporate strength training because it makes me feel fit, strong and confident.
DO YOU HAVE ANY CURRENT GOALS YOU ARE WORKING TOWARDS? OR ANY RECENT ACCOMPLISHMENTS TO SHARE?
Last year I reached two huge goals of mine – I ran both the half marathon and the marathon! I was so proud of myself to cross the finish line of the Chicago Marathon in 2012. I never imagined doing a marathon but I proved to myself that anything is possible with enough focus and determination. As for current goals, this year I’m focusing on speed as I come back from an injury and hoping to PR in both the 5K and the half marathon distance. My other goal is graduating law school in May and passing the Bar Exam!
WHAT ARE 5 THINGS YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT?
- My family – I’ve become so much closer to them over the past few years and I’ve never appreciated them more than I have now.
- My friends – I always do my best to keep in touch with old friends, and I’m also so glad to have finally found a great group of women here in Chicago.
- My faith – I have grown so much in my faith over the past year and hope to continue to do so and learn to love myself as well in the process.
- Helping others – I don’t know what I plan on doing when I graduate law school, but I know I have a great passion for helping and inspiring people.
- Creativity – Whether it’s art, writing, movement, or clothing, expressing myself through creativity will always be a huge love of mine.
WHAT IS YOUR #1 TIP FOR HEALTHY LIVING?
RELAX! My biggest tip would be to not take everything too seriously. Yes, eat well and exercise, but enjoy what you do and don’t stress about the little things. We are only here for so long, we need to enjoy our lives and the people we surround ourselves with.
3 OF YOUR FAVORITE POSTS:
- How Blogging Influences My Life - A look at the good and bad parts of blogging; another great reader response!
- After coming clean with my readers about my struggle with binge eating, I wrote a follow up post on ways to handle emotional and binge eating.
- My One Year Blogging Anniversary – I had no idea how much I’d gain from a hobby that I didn’t think would last more than a week!
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WISH TO SHARE:
What I love about blogging is the connections and friends that I make, and learning how many women can relate to my story. If you ever have any questions or just want to say hi, always feel free to leave a comment or send me an e-mail at [email protected]!
Thanks so much, Katie! Now go make a new fit friend, everyone, and give her a visit.
Interested in being a Fit Friend on BBB? Email me for more info!