You know what? If I could have shoved each one of you into my suitcase to bring with me to the beach, then I would have. How fun would that have been? A blast! We would have sat beachside, chatting it up, and sipping some sort of frosty tropical beverage. Ahhh, the good life.
Obviously, that wouldn’t work. So I have to do the next best thing. We can say cheers virtually. You can even have your own tropical beverage.
Last week, when the incessant rain we have had in Georgia still wouldn’t let up, I got a bit desperate for warm weather. I decided to pretend that the sun shone brightly and that I wasn’t rocking sweatshirts every day because I just couldn’t get warm. I even went so far as to make my own tropical drink to convince myself it was almost beach time. It ended up being a very good idea.
Banana. Coconut. Mango. Pineapple. Those things all come to mind when I think tropical. And they are all in this smoothie for a healthy blend you will undoubtedly love.
In The Mix:
- 1 container Chobani 2% Banana Greek yogurt
- 1/2 scoop protein powder (I used Vega Tropical, but also made it with vanilla and it worked well too)
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/4 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 frozen cubes of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (just enough to get the blender going smoothly)
Blend it all up, close your eyes, and let the tropical flavors take you away.
What are some of your favorite tropical flavors?