Happy afternoon! I hope you all have enjoyed a smooth Monday so far. Things have gone that way for me and I can tell you that it certainly makes Monday a little less painful. What else makes Monday a little less painful? Sharing some of my favorite links from the week! Take a peek and see if anything catches your eye. And you can also check out my Saturday Shares post (where YOU share YOUR favorite links from your blog on the weekend) for even more great posts to read. Smile on and get lost in some blogs.
Get Your Fitness Going
- Pregnant and still want a workout? I have TWO links for you – this Super Mom Workout from Ashley and then this Prenatal At Home Workout from Jess.
- This 12 Minute HIIT Leg Blaster from Purely Twins looks like so much fun!
- Or this Lean Mean Leg Workout from Angela.
- I often finish out a round of Best Body Bootcamp with some high quality power training. Want to know what it’s about? Michelle gave a great post all about Power Training this past week.
- Lindsay from Cotter Crunch has her husband, a professional tri-athlete, share some Strength Training Exercises for Runners.
- Katie gives some insight into the hindsight of running injuries.
- Do you warm up before workouts? You should! And Dynamic Stretching is a great way to do so.
Eat It Up!
- Why you should eat the colors of the rainbow. Lots of great nutrition info for National Nutrition Month!
- Have you ever heard the truth about orange juice and how it’s processed? Pretty crazy! Then, Erin shows us how to Make Your Own Orange Juice – Easy!
- Who else used to like Hamburger Helper when younger? Or even when just married and didn’t have a clue about cooking? Only me on that last one? Well, Ari gives a healthy version of that easy dinner in her Taco Mac & Cheese dinner recipe. I also suggest checking out her Ranch Chicken Fingers.
- Delicious and simple, another all star recipe from Lindsay – Sweet Potato Banana Bites. As well as her Healthy Microwave Popcorn. << this girl is a genius.
- Make this delicious White Chocolate Strawberry Protein Smoothie from Lee.
- Melissa has another great “treat with a twist” with her No Bake Peanut Butter Banana Granola Bars.
- And if you like Energy Ball Recipes, then you must visit Kim’s compilation of 25 different ones to try.
Reflect & Grow
- Anyone else relate to the Pressures of Super Woman, needing to do it and have it all? Great post!
- Do you always say “When ____, then ____”? Stop! Read this post from Katie and Enjoy Life Now.
- Theodora brought up some really good points in her recent post about listening to your body…and that sometimes that isn’t the right thing for us.
- Do you ever feel like your workouts aren’t “good enough” if they aren’t a certain length or intensity or type of workout? Bek discusses the need to value your workouts.
- I can relate to this post so much on eating in secret to hide eating struggles. Worth a read, for sure!
- There is NO perfect body.Can you accept that and the freedom that comes with it?
- And on the same train of thought, I urge you to read Stephanie’s final Body After Baby post. Her reflections struck a chord with me.
Useful Reads .
- Calculate your daily calorie needs based on your activity level with this trusty formula.
- Do you understand body composition? Amanda highlights how the scale doesn’t show all.
- Why I Hung Up My Competition Heels – a talk about metabolic damage and the mental games after competing…I could have written this post myself!
- Another post I could have written myself? Clare’s post about What Constitutes A Binge. Although I do tend to think the amount of food moves something from emotional eating to a true binge, I agree that the emotional undertones are a big part of the issue.
- 10 Things Moms Should Never Say To Their Daughters – Ericka wrote a post about eating disorder prevention and how we, as mothers, can do our best to promote a healthy food relationship and body image in our children. I do my best with all of the things she mentioned!