Good morning, friends! Before moving to this week’s Fit Friend feature, I wanted to announce the winner of the BAMR bands giveaway that ended last night.
Congratulations, Heather from Fit N Cookies! I will email you shortly.
Now lets’ get to another Fit Friends feature. Every week I like to highlight one of the many great bloggers out there so you can hopefully make a new fit friend. Please email tina [at] tinareale [dot] com if you’re interested in sharing as a Fit Friend.
NAME & BLOG: Angela from Happy Fit Mama
SUM UP YOUR BLOG: I’m a 30 something Clinical Exercise Specialist who works in Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation. I live in New Hampshire with my hubby, twin boy/girl toddlers and my fur baby Chocolate Lab. I blog about running, yoga, all things fitness and healthy eating.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO STAY FIT? Running is my main love. I love how it makes me feel – not just physically but mentally. After a sweaty run, I feel like I can conquer anything! Yoga is a close second followed by Barre, strength training and just moving!
DO YOU HAVE ANY CURRENT GOALS OR RECENT ACCOMPLISHMENTS TO SHARE? I’m training for my first full marathon! This is my second try. I got injured last summer in the middle of training so I’m hoping that I’ll be crossing the finish line May 26th in Burlington, Vermont injury free and happy.
WHAT ARE 5 THINGS YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT?
- Family – they come first always! I would be nothing without their love and support.
- Running – I love the satisfaction running brings to my life. It makes me feel strong, healthy, happy, and confident.
- Healthy eating – I think it’s so sad when I hear people say "If it tastes good, spit it out. It’s not healthy." They don’t know what they are missing.
- The environment- I grew up in a family that spent all our free time outside. I have so many fond memories from childhood to now of time spent camping, swimming, hiking and soaking in nature. I want to help protect what we have so my kids, grandkids, great grandkids and beyond can have the same great memories I do.
- Animals and especially rescue dogs – Sometimes I think I get animals more than humans. Wait…make that a LOT of times I do!
WHAT IS YOUR #1 TIP FOR HEALTHY LIVING? Make it a habit. Old habits are hard to break (even the good ones!). Also find something that you enjoy. If you don’t like running, don’t do it. If you absolutely can’t stand spinach, don’t eat it. But find an alternative. You aren’t going to make a long term commitment to healthy living if you aren’t enjoying yourself.
LINK TO 3 OF YOUR FAVORITE POSTS:
- Blueberry Lemon Chia Seed Mini Muffins: I always like to have a stash of healthy snacks available for my family. These muffins are perfect for little and big hands. Plus how can you resist blueberries and lemon together?
- A Letter To My Body: I’m Sorry: Like a lot of women, through the years I’ve had body image issues. Writing this letter to my body made me realize that it is something I need to be thankful for rather than disappointed in.
- Seacoast Half Marathon Recap: This is one of my favorite races that I do every year. This past one was extra special because I got a PR despite having a knee injury over the summer that squashed my full marathon hopes. Plus, it was the first race that my kids really got into cheering me on from the sidelines.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WISH TO SHARE? I’m so thankful for the blogging community. Not just the bloggers but also the readers. I’ve found people who share similar passions as I do who are so supportive and caring. I may never even meet half of these people in real life but I feel like they are all friends!
Thanks, Angela! Be sure to check out her blog, everyone! But first, you tell us…are you passionate about the environment and being outdoors like Angela?