When Lindsay tagged me for the little “Sunshine Award” that you may have seen going around, there was no second guessing if I would participate. A little fun on the blog never gets old.
Lindsay asked me ten questions so let’s do those first..
1. Do you believe in aliens? Why or why not?
Well, you see, I have this thing against aliens. I was traumatized in the second grade after a particularly vivid dream where I was abducted by aliens. Now, aliens still creep me out (kind of like clowns) but I don’t necessarily believe in UFOs and all that stuff. Do I think other life could exist somewhere in the vast universe? Sure. In my mind, God can create and love anything He wants so who am I to think that we’re all there is in all He has created? I don’t need to know anything beyond God created and loved me and apply that to my time here…on Earth. Well. That was way more deep of an answer than you (or I) were probably expecting to get to that question. Ha!
2. If you could do ANYTHING in the world and have that be your career and your skills, paycheck, or anything else was not an object…what would you do?
Lame answer. What I do now. I love fitness and sharing it with others. Sure there are days it feels a lot like work, but I don’t think I would be happier doing anything else.
As long as I can still have the freedoms to be there for my kids and have a flexible schedule. Those are huge to me right now with my kids young.
3. What is your earliest childhood memory?
My fourth birthday party. I remember all the My Little Pony stuff. I remember sitting on the retaining wall at my childhood house, kicking my feet against the wood and waiting impatiently for the pony to come for my party. Please note: we were not rich. I think at-home-party pony rides were a lot more reasonable back then. And probably a lot less safe looking back. I don’t even think there was a saddle?
4. What’s for dinner tonight?
Chicken enchiladas. A good one!
5. What was the most fabulous vacation you have ever been on in your entire life?
Probably the most recent vacation with Peter. We went on a week long cruise together this past February and had the best time. We did so many fun activities and it felt so good to relax and reconnect.
Although, my almost two month visit to travel around Europe post-college was pretty sweet too.
6. If you HAD to give up one of your senses (touch, taste, sight, hearing, or smell) which would it be?
Gosh that is a hard one. I think I would have to say smell. I couldn’t imagine not being able to see, hear, taste (although smell would affect that, huh?), and feel the touch of my loved ones.
7. Would you rather always be super freezing cold or ridiculously overheating hot? (and no, you can’t have a warm blanket or AC to combat the issue!)
Ridiculously hot. I cannot stand the cold and we’re talking Georgia cold…which I know is nothing compared to what you all in the North and Midwest experience.
8. Why did you start blogging?
I was part of a fitness forum through Oxygen magazine for quite a few years, but didn’t care for some of the unhealthy attitudes and turns it was taking. Julie from Peanut Butter Fingers was a buddy there and when she started blogging she opened me to the world of blogs. I loved connecting with other women about health and fitness (so I didn’t have to constantly talk Peter’s ear off). Makenzie was taking a ridiculous amount of naps at the time, so I figured why not start a blog? And here we are now 3.5 years later…where I sit in awe of the unexpected ways God has used it in my life.
9. What was the last compliment you received and what was the last one you paid to someone?
This morning I did a workout with Peter and he said something about how strong I looked. I’ll take it! Last compliment I paid to someone…probably telling Makenzie how proud I was of her last night when putting her to bed. Apparently I’m a bad wife and didn’t compliment Peter back. Sorry, Peter!
10. What is your most favorite thing to eat?
Probably anything that comes with a nice beer. Hey. It’s the truth.
Now I’m supposed to come up with ten new questions and tag ten new people. That’s a whole lot of thinking for as early in the morning as it is, so how about I just come up with 10 new questions. Then whoever wants to answer them (or the ones above from Janetha because they will probably be more creative than mine) is more than welcome to do so! Deal? I’ll even give quick answers to mine.
- What is one of your personal little quirks? I love having a schedule…but at the same time am constantly rearranging my schedule to try to fit it all in better. So I don’t really have a schedule even though I’m fairly obsessed with to-do lists and schedules. It’s a bad cycle. Just ask Peter.
- Would you rather read a book or watch a movie? And, whatever your answer, what was the best recent book you read or movie you watched? Read a book. The most recent two books I couldn’t put down were The Midwife’s Confession and The Bungalow.
- If you could only have one piece of workout equipment to use for the rest of your life, what would it be? Note: your body and clothing already included…because, well, you have to have your body and I hope you don’t workout nude. A pair of dumbbells.
- What is one of your most recent accomplishments? Oh geez. Holding it together during my baptism testimony filming, maybe? I was so nervous it was definitely an accomplishment.
- Do you have any random, crazy fears or things that freak you out? See above about aliens.
- What was your favorite childhood character (i.e. Care Bears or G.I. Joe or maybe even Hannah Montana in the pre-scary Miley years) when growing up? I would have to say either Care Bears, Rainbow Brite, or My Little Pony. I also LOVED My Pillow Pal and Popples, but think those were just toys and not characters.
- Would you rather have a big night out with friends or stay in for the night either alone or with one close friend/loved one? Stay in.
- What stresses you out more – the big stuff or the little stuff? The little stuff. I can give the big stuff to God so easily but still try to control the little everyday things way too much.
- What is one of the most daring/adventurous things you have ever done? Choosing to stay outside in Barcelona overnight because my friend and I missed our train and decided not to try and find a hostel. Looking back that was probably more a stupid decision than an adventurous one.
- What is one thing you’re willing to spend more money on rather than a cheaper alternative? Good quality workout gear. What can I say? I’m a bit obsessed.
Hope to have you play along! Answer any of the above in the comments…or in your own post.