Every week on Friday I enjoy highlighting one of the many fabulous bloggers out there. I truly believe in this community and that in the connection we can do so much together towards our goals. I think you may feel the same way, which is why I bring you “Fit Friends”. Perhaps you can find another fitness pal to connect with or even just another great blog to read. Enjoy!
NAME & BLOG: Kimberly Anne @ Manifest Yourself
SUM UP YOUR BLOG: Kimberly Anne is the Founder & Editor of Manifest Yourself, a lifestyle blog that was launched on June 1st to not only document her journey to getting fit, but to help others help themselves in all aspects of their lives. By day, she works in a Career Services office at a university helping students and alumni navigate their career paths, but by night she is devoted to manifesting herself. Through this blog, her goal is to achieve physical and mental wellness. You will catch her blogging about fitness, cooking, beauty, career related topics and anything else that crosses her mind.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO STAY FIT? I really enjoy working out with my personal trainer 3 times per week. Knowing that I have an actual appointment when I go to the gym keeps me motivated. When I am not with my trainer, I really love taking dance classes, doing yoga, or having a heart pounding session on the step mill.
DO YOU HAVE ANY CURRENT GOALS OR RECENT ACCOMPLISHMENTS TO SHARE? In the past year, I have lost 17lbs! Although that is super slow in my mind, I know that I should be proud of my accomplishments thus far and continue to strive towards my goals. Right now I am trying to continue my weight loss journey and lose another 20lbs.
WHAT ARE 5 THINGS YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT?
- My husband: I’m a newlywed, so I am still in that omg-I-really-love-my-husband phase. Hopefully this “phase” will last a lifetime though.
- Being Healthy: I am always that person who has some type of pain. Like right now, my stomach hurts for no apparent reason. I just want to feel better and be healthy. All the time. All those crazy insane healthy people get sick less, have less aches and pains, and just feel better all of the time. I want to feel better.
- My career: I’d be lying if I didn’t say that there is a certain point in my career that I aspire to reach. I work full time at a university in the career center helping undergraduates, graduates, and alumni explore their own career development path. I also speak to various institutions outside of my job on career related topic and I love it. I feel that this is something that I can actually say I am passionate about. I just completed a masters degree program, and I am beginning to research the doctoral programs. Besides becoming a blogger extraordinairee, I would love to become the President/Provost of a university one day.
- Blogging: I LOVE BLOGGING, no really, I really love it. It has turned into such a community experience for me. It has also helped me learn to be more open about who I am and what my goals are.
- Old & New Friends: I love my current friends…and I love making new friends. As I get older, I have grown to appreciate my friendships more and more. While my circle is fairly small, I love my friends like family.
WHAT IS YOUR #1 TIP FOR HEALTHY LIVING? Healthy living is so much more than working out and eating well. Healthy living is also about your mindset. I really believe that positive thoughts lead to positive actions which can lead to positive results. If you beat yourself up about your workout or not eating right, it can affect your results. I still struggle with this, but I notice that when I am able to let the negative thoughts go, I am not only happier, but it is easier to reach my goals.
LINK TO 3 OF YOUR FAVORITE POSTS:
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WISH TO SHARE: Thank you for allowing me to participate, Tina! And to anyone out there who is struggling with their weight loss journey, all I have to say is keep going. Don’t stop. No matter if you have gained weight, lost 2 lbs, or lost 17lbs like me but still have more to go. Striving towards healthiness is always a battle worth fighting for. *hugs & kisses*
Your Turn: Kimberly Anne mentions “healthiness is always a battle worth fighting for”. What is a part of your healthy battle that you’re happy to fight for your health?