It’s Friday! Time for another “Friday Five” post. Happy Friday!
FIVE PINTEREST PINS
FIVE SCENES FROM INSTAGRAM
We had our annual day trip to Helen, GA last weekend. It was a bit earlier in the year than we normally go, which was kind of a bummer since the leaves weren’t changing into a million beautiful shades of red, orange, and yellow. We still had fun, though! I love walking around the little town and taking a horse & buggy ride with the kids. And having a beer in honor of Oktoberfest. And fudge…because, well. Fudge.
Makenzie turned FIVE on Monday. FIVE! How has it been five years already? I still find myself feeling shocked some days that I’m a mom. I got super emotional Monday night when picturing her as a little bitty newborn five years ago. FIVE years ago! Ahhhh!!! Okay, I’ll stop now. I still can’t wrap my mind around it.
Yep. Still absolutely loving yoga. It’s been a fun, new challenge and I look forward to going deeper in my practice and growing more. It’s cool to see new strengths emerge (like crow and forearm stands), but I think the classics (especially triangle and extended side angle) are still my favorites. Not my favorite? Firefly pose. And I just know the instructor is going to have us practice it again in class today. Eep!
Speaking of yoga…this is what happens when ugly traffic makes you late to class. Somehow you end up at one of the two nearby Lululemon stores for a little retail therapy since you couldn’t get your yoga therapy on. Or is that just me? Although would you believe I left the store empty handed?
I have become convinced that the library has a conspiracy to increase their late fee fines. They make all the books you have on hold available at the same exact time. There is no way I will be able to finish all of these (plus the one I’m currently still reading) in 3 weeks’ time. And they know I won’t be able to return them without being read and instead will pay the late fee. Conspiracy, people!
FIVE FUN FACTS
- I have been trying to figure out which is the greater evil – getting up an hour earlier to have more time to get things done during the day and being more tired OR sleeping an extra hour and feeling more frazzled to fit in and balance everything each day. This past week I decided that I would rather feel tired from time to time than frazzled all the time. I guess a 4:30 am alarm ringing it is!
- And by 4:30 am…I really mean I finally drag myself out of bed at 5 am. Somehow marrying Peter has made me the queen of the snooze button. I used to be one of those get up and go as soon as the alarm went off type of people. The things marriage will do to you.
- You know how above I said I left Lululemon empty handed? Well, I did. But then I couldn’t get the Inkwell Green Bean and Blue Moon Scoop Neck Tanks out of my mind, so ordered them online as soon as I got home. Whoops.
- I posted this on Instagram yesterday, so excuse the repeat “fun fact”. Many days I don’t eat breakfast until much later in the morning (around 10 am or so) for the sole reason that I can eat in peace while the kids are at preschool. The things motherhood will do to you.
- I’m in the works of putting together a 4 week holiday #bestbodybootcamp holiday plan. Fun! It will be a sort of e-book format with a 4 week workout plan chock full of 30 minutes or less workouts you can do with minimal equipment in the comfort of your own home – perfect for the holidays! It should be available for purchase no later than November 18th. Stay tuned for more details.
FIVE LINKS TO CHECK OUT
- 25 Delicious Apple Recipes via FitFluential (so much goodness!)
- Types of People You Find In Every Gym via BuzzFeed (hilarious!)
- Who Do You Want To Be? via Katie @ Peace Love & Oats (LOVE her and her inspirations!)
- Healthy Recipes For Fall via Anne @ Fannetastic Food (because one can never have too many)
- 30 Variations of Lunges via Taylor @ Lifting Revolution (lots of ideas with moving images!)
FIVE COMMENTS OF THE WEEK (click image for link to each commenter’s blog)
I’m obsessed with you, too, Chelsey.
Your Turn: Would you rather wake up an hour earlier to have more flexible time during your day or sleep that extra hour? Do you have any special places you visit in the fall, like our annual day trip to Helen?