Enjoy this week’s Friday Five post – with five pins, five scenes, five fun facts, five great links, and love back to five of YOU for your thoughtful comments. Happy Friday!
FIVE PINTEREST PINS
FIVE SCENES FROM INSTAGRAM
These little cuties like to “hide” from mommy. Every day after nap/quiet time they crawl under Braedon’s bed and peek their little faces out to watch for me coming. I managed to snag a picture of it this time and thought it was too adorable not to share.
I had the most fun during spin class this past week. Our instructor played a Halloween themed track. It was so much fun that I didn’t even realize how hard I was pushing until I noticed how sweaty I was at the end! Plus, I won’t complain about a workout that ends with a mini sized Halloween candy. You with me?
For small group last week I broke out one of my favorite super quick fall treats – Three Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Cookies! All it takes is a box of spice cake mix, a can of pumpkin, and a hefty sprinkling of white chocolate chips (I don’t measure but would figure about 1/2 a small bag was used). Just mix it all together, spoon onto a baking sheet, and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. You have to try them if you haven’t!
My favorite workout these days. By far! I just can’t seem to get enough.
What would a Scenes of Instagram be the week of Halloween without a costume shot?!
FIVE FUN FACTS
- Speaking of Halloween and trick-or-treating, Makenzie and Braedon still do not know the goodness of chocolate treats like KitKats or Butterfingers or Reeses. They always pick out the lollipops and other hard or chewy candy from their stash…which means Peter and I always eat up their chocolate goods. They can keep that flavor preference up for as long as they wish! I’ll happily take the leftovers.
- Part of me is excited that it is already November…because that means Hunger Games: Catching Fire is just a few short weeks away. Yes, I’m one of those people.
- This past week I discovered why people are such fans of Burt’s Bees products. I bought a four pack of their chapstick for my sister for her birthday and then picked up some for myself as well. My chapped lips felt as good as new after just one application. I get the chapstick loyalty now.
- The more and more I’m not running, the less and less I miss it. In fact, I have felt very thankful quite a few recent chilly mornings because I’m not having to haul myself out in the cold for my workout.
- Peter likes to purchase random items when he finds really, really good deals. His recent find was a super powerful blender called the Ninja Blender (he got it for less than half of that price). It can turn ice cubes into SNOW. It is sooooo cool. And, yes, making snow was the very first thing the blender was used for because I just couldn’t believe it when the box told me it could do that. It can. Maybe since we never have a white Christmas here in the South I can make my own this year? Yea. Right. I would rather make cookies.
FIVE LINKS TO CHECK OUT
- Cheesy Brown Rice Gratin With Zucchini & Eggplant via Nutritious Eats (sounds interesting, but good!)
- 18 Great Race Sign Ideas via Run To The Finish (some really fun ideas)
- The Truth Behind The Before And After via Darwinian Fail (a reflection on her weight loss story)
- 20 Recipes For Fall via The Lean Green Bean (Lindsay makes the best healthy and simple recipes)
- 9 Fitspiration Posters Corrected via BuzzFeed (for those of you who find the “fitspiration” posters on the verge of promoting unhealthy mindsets – check this one out!)
FIVE COMMENTS OF THE WEEK
-on It Matters
-on It Matters
- on Top Ten Workouts
- on Top Ten Workouts
- on last week’s Friday Five
Your Turn: Are you a fan – of Hunger Games? Burt’s Bees? Chocolate or fruity candy?