Happy Friday! And happy, happy almost Christmas/holiday week! Thank goodness I’m finally feeling on the up again. Just in time too. We have Peter’s family Christmas celebration this Sunday and hope to make it to Stone Mountain Park for our annual Christmas tradition as well. Lots of fun! Now, time for Friday Five!
FIVE HOLIDAY SCENES
- Christmas Lights: Every year, we make the 45 minute drive to see some beautiful lights and walk around a little Christmas village with the kids. They get SO excited every year.
- My Little Elves: We haven’t gotten to see Santa (yet), but they did get the chance to take a picture like little elves. Too. Cute!
- Gingerbread Village: This past weekend the kids and Peter were sick and it was a rainy, icky day. So what did we do instead? Watched A Charlie Brown Christmas and built a little gingerbread house village. Or should I say, I built the village while the kiddos tried to nab as much candy as they could?
- S’mores! Our new home has an outdoor fireplace, so we knew we needed to light it up for some s’mores action at some point this season. So much fun!
- Decorations galore. Our day after Thanksgiving tradition is always to decorate the house for Christmas. This has been the first year that both Braedon and Makenzie are really into it, which was so cool to see. I also love that we do a Jesse Tree devotion, so they get to keep adding special decorations leading all the way up to Christmas.
FIVE LINKS TO CHECK OUT
- Five Unexpected Health Benefits of Yoga – I came across these this past week and can attest to each of them. Especially the sleep. I am a hard core sleeper these days.
- 6 Ways To Change Up Your Workout For The Results You Want – these are some great tips from one of my favorite trainer friends.
- It Isn’t Always Easy – I love Madeline and her blog, especially this honest post that shows that motherhood and life aren’t always easy…but that’s okay because it’s real.
- 10 Immunity Boosting Foods For Cold and Flu Season – Too bad I didn’t stock up on these last week. Perhaps I could have avoided the death days I experienced Monday through Wednesday.
- 10 Ridiculous Pieces Of Fitness Advice – So many common pieces of advice that make me cringe when I hear them. And the bonus of a hilarious Ellen clip in her post as well.
FIVE FUN FLU FACTS
- Monday afternoon I got hit with the flu. It has pretty much consumed my life this week. So, I don’t really have any fun facts…just flu related facts. Enjoy. << sarcasm
- Years and years ago, I used to be somewhat crazy. You see, I would invite sickness because it often meant dropping some pounds on the scale and I liked seeing a lower number. So. So. SAD. This time around? I just wanted my energy back!
- The last time my body hurt as bad as it did earlier this week was when I was hit by a car. Literally. Not even childbirth or post-marathon compared. Every inch of me hurt. Even my teeth. I would never wish that pain even on my worst enemy.
- I’m cheap. I’m fairly certain what I experienced this week was the flu. So I could have gone to the doctor to get a prescription for Tamiflu. Then, when considering it only shortens things by a day or two and would cost me almost $150 (high deductible doctor visit co-pay and lab fees and Rx cost), I determined I’m too cheap and would suffer an extra day or two.
- Thank goodness I feel so much better today. I mean, like new! Take that Tamiflu. I may have been hit hard for a few days, but thankful my body knew how to bounce back relatively quickly. I still feel drained of energy so plan to rest more today, but I don’t feel like death. So that’s promising. AND my appetite is back. Hooray! Bring on the food!
FIVE PINS OF PINTEREST
FIVE BITS OF NEWS
- The Best Body Fitness Holiday Workout Plan & Nutrition E-Book are only available through December 31st. If you have considered purchasing them, then make sure to do so soon!
- Registration for the FULL Best Body Bootcamp Winter 2014 Round will begin December 30th. The workouts will kick off January 20th. Hope to have you join us!
- Because I love to share the love – and especially the yoga love – you can get 50% off an annual membership to Reflexion Yoga right now. Not an affiliate or sponsored link. Just something I thought worthy to share with you all.
- I may take the next week off of blogging. Between the holidays and the kids being home from school, it just makes sense. Although, who knows? I may pop in once or twice.
- I hope you all have a FABULOUS holiday week!