REGISTER HERE FOR WINTER 2014 BEST BODY BOOTCAMP
use code HOLIDAYBBB for $5 off
Happy first Friday of 2014!! Time for the Friday Five!
FIVE SCENES OF INSTAGRAM
- On New Year’s Day, the family & I hung out with our best friends at Dave & Buster’s. I wasn’t sure if the kids would be old enough to really enjoy it, but I was wrong. They (and we!) had an absolute blast. I think the kiddos had a bit of beginner’s luck, too. They scored 2000+ tickets in two hours! Can you tell Braedon was excited about that? Haha!
- I decided to participate in a 30 Day Yoga Challenge on Instagram. It looks like fun. Yoga is my main workout these days (teacher training weekends kick up again next week), so why the heck not?
- I love kids’ imaginations. Makenzie & Braedon decided it needed to be summer, so they made the beach in our foyer out of a blue and cream blanket. Ah, if only it were the real beach.
- Nothing like a workout high! A decade after beginning to workout and the endorphin rush from a good workout still hasn’t gotten old.
- My New Year’s Eve = early bedtime with a book. How much of a party animal am I? Ha! We didn’t have plans and it sounded good to me to curl up with a book. So, that’s what I did.
FIVE LINKS TO CHECK OUT
- Have you seen what this mom did the first time her daughter screamed “I hate you!” at her? She baked a cake to laugh about such a milestone with her daughter. Am I the only one who kind of wants to do the same thing when my kids get older?
- Check out these different ways to approach your goals and resolutions for success.
- I really loved this Mind Body Green post on 10 Things I Wish I could Tell My Postpartum Self.
- I find this woman incredibly inspiring and knowledgeable, so I think her new e-book on How To Build Muscle and Lose Weight Without Losing Your Mind is going to be EXCELLENT.
- Want to embrace a healthier, happier 2014? Check out the list of wishes Lindsay shared for each of us to do so in the link!
FIVE FUN FACTS
- Since our family got struck with the flu the week of Peter’s birthday, we’re celebrating a belated birthday for him this weekend. I’m so thankful we have family close by to help watch the kids.
- In fact, the kids are already at Nana’s and Papa’s. They weren’t supposed to go until today…but begged to go an extra day yesterday. I guess the past few weeks out of preschool they have gotten sick of me? But I miss my little stinkers!
- You know what is really good for dinner? Quiche. Why have I waited so many years to make one of those things? So easy and really delicious.
- I have zero desire for formal cardio anymore. Workouts as of late are multiple yoga classes per week and 2-3 strength sessions. The power yoga and my circuit strength workouts, which often include cardio drills in them, get my heart rate up plenty. Probably why the treadmill or elliptical have no appeal.
- Today is the LAST DAY to use the HOLIDAYBBB code for $5 off Best Body Bootcamp registration!
FIVE PINS OF PINTEREST
FIVE COMMENTS OF THE WEEK
Happy Friday, friends!!
What’s your workout high of choice? How did you spend New Year’s Eve?