It’s Friday! Which means time for a rest day for me, hopefully getting caught up on sleep (some) this weekend, library volunteering at Makenzie’s school, and some pasta and salad for dinner tonight. It also means “Fun Fact Friday” and hopping on the 11 Random Things bandwagon. I may be the last person to do this survey, but I don’t care. Chelsey
tagged me and these things make me smile. Happy Friday, people!
11 Random Things About Yours Truly
1. I’m typing this post with bags of frozen peas around my ankles/lower shins. I’m not injured, but always tread with too much?? caution. You all know that I foam roll regularly, but I also make sure to ice my arches/ankles/shins (my problem areas), do lots of calf stretches, and do special ankle strengthening exercises almost daily.
2. As much as I love to eat wholesome foods, if I could eat whatever I wanted with no repercussions to my health or body, I would choose pizza and ice cream over a large salad or bowl of oatmeal any day. Any. Day. You’ll still find me running and weight training, though. I won’t give those up.
3. If I go to bed past 9 pm, I’m a zombie by 2 pm the next day. I simply must get 8 hours of sleep. Even then, sometimes I still get extraordinarily tired.
4. I’ve recently become absolutely obsessed with the site I told you about a couple weeks ago – Greatis
t. This week, they posted a The Ultimate Guide To Running Lingo
. Oh, how I wish I had that when I first started and felt so lost. And a few other goodies from their site you may like:
5. Sometimes I wonder why God allowed me to become a mother. Deep down, I know I’m a great mother and love my kids so dearly. However, not a day goes by that I don’t doubt my abilities at least a little bit. Occasionally I DO feel selfish for my life not 100% revolving around them. Then, I remind myself it’s important to have my own passions and identity. And that my kids love me and I love them.
6. I cannot carry a tune. Not in the slightest. I don’t even like to hear myself sing!
7. I’m related to Ralph “Shrug” Jordan – one of the coaches Auburn University’s football stadium is named after. Although, I will cheer for Alabama over Auburn. And for the record, you pronounce it JERD-un, not JOR-dan. That whole side of the family is very particular on their names and heritage. Very particular.
11 Random Questions to Answer From Chelsey
1. Chocolate or Vanilla? For ice cream and cake – vanilla…for anything else, chocolate!
2. What would you do with 1 million dollars? Donate some to our church, take a fun trip (cruise around the Mediterranean!) , and save the rest.
3. Where is your favorite place to buy groceries? I shop at both Publix and Kroger.
4. What is your biggest fear? That something will happen to Peter or one of my kids. I don’t think I would have the strength for it.
5. What is the last book you read? The Blue Bistro by Erin Hildebrand. It’s one of those feel good, light-hearted, romantic books. I liked it! But I’m super excited to know The Hunger Games FINALLY came in for me at the library!
6. Favorite movie? Do episodes of FRIENDS on DVD count? I’m serious.
7. What do you see yourself doing in 5 years? Running around Mothering a six and eight year old (!!!!), running, personal training, and loving wherever God led me.
8. Romantic or comedy movie? If we’re talking comedy like Bridesmaids or Hangover, then comedy.
9. Last dream you remember? I don’t know! Although I do remember my freakiest dream ever where I got abducted by aliens. It was so real and I woke up and immediately vomited everywhere. Still freaks me out.
10. Have you ever been in a car accident? Yes. I’ve been hit by a car. As in, my body. Crazy freak story you can find on my old blog.
11. What is the longest friendship you have ever had? I have a friend I have known since middle school, but we’ve sadly still been growing apart. Nothing bad – just in different places with little in common anymore.
Now, I’m supposed to give 11 more questions. And choose 11 new people. I’m going to cheat. Whoever wants to play, hop on board!! I copy Chelsey’s because they were fun. And I’m short on time. See? Good mom. Choosing to be ready for when my kids get up than come up with 11 questions. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it.
Tell me something random or answer one of the 11 random questions! Then, go check out Lindsay’s great new Fitness Loves of the Week feature!